The world-renowned Forte Village stands in a unique 47 hectare tropical park-like setting on the beautiful south coast of Sardinia, 48km from Cagliari airport.
This resort and spa is 'a world of its own' with a wide choice of 4 and 5 star hotels, beachfront suites and villas, restaurants, pools, sports activities, children's clubs and entertainments, on a magnificent beach where you can be as active or relaxed as you wish to be...
Forte Village Accommodation
Click on the links below to go to the individual Hotel pages:
For all current Forte Village Special Offers, click here >
Restaurants & Bars
Pleasure is without limit at Forte Village Resort:
'Around the World in 21 Restaurants' with delicious dishes capable of satisfying the most demanding palate are an irresistible temptation for those who love to try special recipes every day.
The choices for adults and children alike are infinite, from starters of fresh fish, prawns and lobster to main courses, cold cuts, traditional cheeses, meats and salads freshly picked from Sardinian vegetable gardens.
Each Forte Village Resort hotel has its own dedicated restaurant in addition to the other restaurants serving traditional and international cuisine.
All guests may dine in their hotel's dedicated restaurant or in any of the other restaurants by making a reservation (supplement may apply).
- Cavalieri Restaurant (Hotel Castello Guests): High class breakfast and dinner buffets including salads, cheese assortment, typical regional cold cuts, fresh pasta dishes, a variety of bread and a pastry corner. From the hot buffet the chef offers local Sardinian and Italian dishes. Elegant indoor dining or al fresco terrace (weather permitting). On reservation and supplement for Bouganville, Il Borgo, Pineta and Palme guests.
- Pineta Restaurant (Bouganville Guests): Opulent buffets with themed evenings. Complimentary half bottle of house wine and half bottle of mineral water per person. Open-air restaurant with garden view open end June - early September.
- Belvedere Rooftop Restaurant (Villa del Parco Guests): Directed by chef Antonello Arrus offering a refined à la carte menu featuring local dishes with a modern twist coupled with the finest wines. Rooftop park view. On reservation and supplement for Bouganville, Il Borgo, Palme and Pineta guests.
- Le Dune Restaurant (Le Dune Guests): À la carte menu with regional cuisine and modern cooking with a beach view. On reservation and supplement for Bouganville, Il Borgo, Palme and Pineta guests.
- Forte Grill Restaurant: Variety of meats from Italy, Ireland and Australia cooked on a grill. Oasis pool view.
- La Terrazza San Domenico: Traditional Italian restaurant serving Romagna cuisine created by chef Massimiliano Mascia, located by the sea. Supplement applies, open July and August.
- Mario’s Restaurant: Dedicated Children's Restaurant with a special menu designed by Michelin starred chef Rosanna Marziale, where the cuisine is tailored to children's needs. Near Oasis pools. Open for lunch and dinner. Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- Hell's Kitchen: The first authentic Hell's Kitchen restaurant serving an a la carte dinner menu. Also serving sushi and gourmet burgers by the Oasis pool during the day.
- Da Rocco Iannone: Rediscover the finest Italian cuisine overlooking the Oasis pool with a menu created by Michelin chef Rocco Iannone. Supplement applies, open beginning July - end August.
- Cantina del Forte: Small, elegant restauratn serving a tasting menu accompanied bu a choice of more than 300 Italian and international wines. Supplement applies, open end July - late August.
- Il Luogo di Aimo e Nadia: One of Milan's most celebrated gourmet restaurants will host a series of Gourmet Evenings at Forte Bay Terrace in July and August.
- Heinz Beck Restaurant: A 3 Michelin star culinary pioneer
- Cinnamon Club: Vivek Singh, the Executive Chef of the multiple award-winning London restaurant group, The Cinnamon Collection, will bring to Forte Village this summer his modern Indian cuisine from The Old Westminster Library in London.
Please note that a dress code applies in all restaurants in the evening with no shorts allowed.
- Sardinian Restaurant: Traditional local cuisine using the island's own ingredients including antipasti, homemade pasta, porceddu (suckling pig) and seadas (Sardinian stuffed pancakes). Oasis pool view, reservation required.
- Brazilian Restaurant: Carousel of slowly spit-roasted meats. Oasis pool view, reservation required.
- Ethnic Restaurant: Serving the latest trends in cuisine, overlooks the Oasis pool. Open July and August, reservation required.
Some of the restaurants are open just for lunch (extra cost) near the beach and swimming pools:
- Beachcomber Restaurant: Salads, pasta, grilled fish, fruit and ice creams overlooking the sea.
- Fish Market: A panoramic sea front restaurant serving catch of the day cooked on the grill, salad buffet, Sardinan cheeses, charcuterie, fresh fruit and desserts. Open July - early September.
- Pizzeria: Seafront restaurant with a wide variety of pizzas cooked in a wood oven, salad selection, fresh, seasonal fruit and typical regional desserts.
- Baia delle Palme Snack Bar: An assortment of Panini’s, club sandwiches, cold dishes, fresh, seasonal fruit and ice cream.
- Acquaforte Spa Bar: Herbal teas, fresh fruit juices and smoothies and an international choice of mineral waters. Spa location.
- Acquaforte Spa Restaurant: Small and exclusive with a specilised menu offering the best healthy cuisine.
- Pasta House: Seafront restaurant with homemade pasta and a variety of sauces made to order. Open July - early September.
- Oasis Lunch Restaurant & Bar: Serving sushi, hamburgers, club sandwiches and salads.
There are a selection of different themed bars around the resort including:
- Aqvatica: Seafront bar with comfortable seating for drinks, juices and snacks
- Bandiere: Elegant and traditonal bar in Hotel Castello with live music
- Champagnerie: Views of the show in the Piazza, an evening lounge bar and a choice of the finest champagnes
- Gelateria: Ice cream parlour near the beach
- Tisaneria: Spa bar offering a selection of healthy teas and tisanes
- Discotheque: Late night bar in Leisureland
- Oasis Pool: Located in the Oasis pool serving drinks to swimmers and sunbathers
- Wine Bar: Serving top Italian and Sardinian wines
- Piazza Luisa: Evening entertainment every evening to chill out and wind down at the end of the day
- Pasticceria: Pastries, desserts and tempting savoury morsels
Management reserves the right to open, close and modify restaurants and bars during the season without prior notice. Lunch is not included in half board.
The spa is one of the most up-to-date Thalassotherapy centres in Europe with 6 warm seawater pools at different temperatures and salt concentrations.
There are also saunas, Turkish bath, Techno-gym with personal trainers, massages, holistic and physiotherapy treatments, health and beauty and bar.
Local cost €95 for 1 admission, offers available locally for multiple admissions.
Spa Terms & Conditions >
A theatre under the stars! Seating 5,000 people and hosting some of the top names in musical entertainment. The 2020 calendar is yet to be released, however, an example some of the previous performances at the Forte Arena are:
- Life is Musical
- Eros Ramazzotti
- Sleeping Beauty, performance by the Russian Classical Ballet
Please contact Just Sardinia 01202 484858 for ticket prices.
Great for Families
Forte Village Resort is a real paradise for holidays with children. It is the perfect place for the whole family to enjoy a holiday with maximum relaxation for parents and maximum fun for children of all ages.
The ‘Children's Wonderland’ Mini Club (open daily 9am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-6pm) is a fabulous protected oasis near the beach with play parks, shady areas, shallow pools and a sandy lagoon especially designed for children with English speaking staff organising daily activities, games, workshops, shows and competitions. There is a Mario's Village, Barbie™ house and a beautiful Fisher-Price® nursery all contained within Children's Wonderland. A variety of activities are available including clay modelling, pizza making, dance and musical instruments. All the staff have been trained and certified by Worldwide Kids.
There is a dedicated children's restaurant where everything is designed for children from the serving times to the menus and from the seats to the tables.
Children will love Leisureland where they can go bowling and go-karting and the Baia delle Palme pool has an aquapark featuring water games and slides for children and teenagers.
The ‘Children's Wonderland’ Mini Club for 2-12 year olds is complimentary and there is also a Teen Club for 13-17 year olds. The nursery for 0-2 year olds, babysitting services are on request (local cost) and pushchair hire (€10 per day) is available.
- 'Children's Wonderland' Mini Club (for 2-12 year olds) and Teen Club (for 13-17) open 9am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-6pm with English speaking staff
- 10 swimming pools including 1 with an aquapark
- Sunbeds and parasols on the beach and by the pool
- Football pitch
- Ping-Pong, basketball, volleyball, aerobics and trampolining (afternoons)
- Jogging circuit
- Evening shows in the Piazza
- Please note that beach towels are provided for all guests
Activities Local Cost: (subject to change)
- Nursery (from €50 per day, paid locally), babysitting (€15 per hour paid locally), pushchair hire (€10 per day) and children's lunch (€16 per day, parent must accompany)
- Thalassotherapy Spa, with 6 al fresco pools, gym, sauna, Turkish bath, hydromassage, beauty centre and hairdresser in the Piazza
- Soccer school with Chelsea Football Club coaches for children 4 - 13 years, 27/5-6/9
- Rugby Academy for children 5 - 16 years, 27/5-31/5, 8/7-19/7 and 19/8-31/8
- Tennis Academy with coaching from internationally ranked tennis stars, 24/6-6/9
- Also Basketball, Boxing, Cycling, Netball, Swimming, Fencing and Dance academies (date restrictions apply)
- Watersports - sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, jetskiing, banana boating, canoeing, Hobi cat, SUP, pedaloes and dinghy hire
- Scuba diving, PADI courses and snorkelling
- Swimming lessons
- 12 Floodlit tennis courts (10 natural clay, 1 synthetic clay and 1 grass)
- Bicycle rental
- Horse riding excursions and lessons nearby
- Golf nearby at Is Molas 9/18/27 hole course (7km)
- Leisureland: go-karting and 10-pin bowling
- Piazza bars and boutiques,
- Miscellaneous services: Room service, WiFi, laundry service, medical service, travel agency, car rental and excursions