The world-renowned Forte Village stands in a unique 47 hectare tropical park-like setting on the beautiful south coast of Sardinia, 48km from Cagliari airport.
This recently refurbished resort and spa is 'a world of its own' with a wide choice of 4 and 5 star hotels, beachfront suites and villas, restaurants, pools, sports activities, children's clubs and entertainments, on a magnificent beach where you can be as active or relaxed as you wish to be...
Forte Village Accommodation
Click on the links below to go to the individual Hotel pages:
For all current Forte Village Special Offers, click here >
We are pleased to confirm that Forte Village has put COVID-19 protocol in place to ensure compliance with the regulations introduced by the Italian government in order to ensure the maximum safety and security of its guests which is detailed below.
The measures introduced will apply to both the facilities provided by the hotel and guest services. Their implementation will be closely monitored and controlled in order to ensure the heathiest environment possible so guests have the confidence to enjoy their holiday and minimise their risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
We must point out that the implementation of these measures may result in minor changes to the facilities available and some services offered by the hotel as described on our website and in our brochure and we invite our clients to contact us if they have any concerns or queries in this regard.
Clearly the changes in practices and availability of facilities may result in a difference to the guests’ experience as would otherwise be the case, although the reduced number of clients may actually result in an even better service being afforded to guests.
Click Here for more details >
Restaurants & Bars
Pleasure is without limit at Forte Village Resort:
'Around the World in 21 Restaurants' with delicious dishes capable of satisfying the most demanding palate are an irresistible temptation for those who love to try special recipes every day.
The choices for adults and children alike are infinite, from starters of fresh fish, prawns and lobster to main courses, cold cuts, traditional cheeses, meats and salads freshly picked from Sardinian vegetable gardens.
Each Forte Village Resort hotel has its own dedicated restaurant in addition to the other restaurants serving traditional and international cuisine.
All guests may dine in their hotel's dedicated restaurant or in any of the other restaurants by making a reservation (supplement may apply).
- Cavalieri Restaurant (located in Hotel Castello): High class breakfast and dinner buffets including salads, cheese assortment, typical regional cold cuts, fresh pasta dishes, a variety of bread and a pastry corner. From the hot buffet the chef offers local Sardinian and Italian dishes. Elegant indoor dining or al fresco terrace (weather permitting). On reservation and supplement for Bouganville, Il Borgo, Palme, Pineta and Castello Bungalow guests.
- Pineta Restaurant (located at Hotel La Pineta): Opulent buffets with themed evenings. Complimentary half bottle of house wine and half bottle of mineral water per person. Open-air restaurant with garden view open end June - early September. Included for all Half Board guests.
- Belvedere Rooftop Restaurant (located in Villa del Parco): Directed by chef Antonello Arrus offering a refined à la carte menu featuring local dishes with a modern twist coupled with the finest wines. Rooftop park view. On reservation and supplement for Bouganville, Il Borgo, Palme, Pineta and Castello guests.
- Le Dune Restaurant (located in Hotel Le Dune): À la carte menu with regional cuisine and modern cooking with a beach view. On reservation and supplement for Bouganville, Il Borgo, Palme, Pineta and Castello guests.
- Forte Grill Restaurant: Variety of meats from Italy, Ireland and Australia cooked on a grill. Oasis pool view. Included for all Half Board guests.
- La Terrazza San Domenico (located on the seafront): Traditional Italian restaurant serving Romagna cuisine created by chef Massimiliano Mascia, located by the sea. Open July and August. On reservation and supplement for all guests.
- Mario’s Restaurant (located near the Oasis pool): Dedicated Children's Restaurant with a special menu designed by Michelin starred chef Rosanna Marziale, where the cuisine is tailored to children's needs. Open for lunch (12pm-1pm) and dinner (6pm-7pm) daily. Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- Hell's Kitchen (located by the Oasis pool): The first authentic Hell's Kitchen restaurant serving an a la carte dinner menu. Also serving sushi and gourmet burgers by the Oasis pool during the day. Included for all Half Board guests, on reservation.
- Da Rocco Iannone (located by the Oasis pool): Rediscover the finest Italian cuisine overlooking the Oasis pool with a menu created by Michelin chef Rocco Iannone. Supplement applies, open beginning July - end August. On reservation and supplement for all guests.
- Cantina del Forte (located on the seafront): Small, elegant restaurant serving a tasting menu accompanied by a choice of more than 300 Italian wines. Open end July - late August. On reservation and supplement for all guests.
- Heinz Beck Restaurant (located on the seafront): A 3 Michelin star culinary pioneer. On reservation and supplement for all guests.
- Cinnamon Club (located on the seafront): Vivek Singh, the Executive Chef of the multiple award-winning London restaurant group, The Cinnamon Collection, will bring to Forte Village this summer his modern Indian cuisine from The Old Westminster Library in London. On reservation and supplement for all guests.
Please note that a dress code applies in all restaurants in the evening with no shorts allowed.
- Sardinian Restaurant (located by the Osais pool): Traditional local cuisine using the island's own ingredients including antipasti, homemade pasta, porceddu (suckling pig) and seadas (Sardinian stuffed pancakes). Oasis pool view, reservation required. Included for all Half Board guests, on reservation.
- Brazilian Restaurant (located by the Osais pool): Carousel of slowly spit-roasted meats. Oasis pool view, reservation required. Included for all Half Board guests, on reservation.
- Ethnic Restaurant (located by the Osais pool): Serving the latest trends in cuisine, overlooks the Oasis pool. Open July and August, reservation required. Included for all Half Board guests, on reservation.
Some of the restaurants are open just for lunch (extra cost) near the beach and swimming pools:
- Beachcomber Restaurant (located on the seafront): Salads, pasta, grilled fish, fruit and ice creams overlooking the sea.
- Fish Market (located on the seafront): A panoramic sea front restaurant serving catch of the day cooked on the grill, salad buffet, Sardinan cheeses, charcuterie, fresh fruit and desserts. Open July - early September.
- Pizzeria (located on the seafront): Seafront restaurant with a wide variety of pizzas cooked in a wood oven, salad selection, fresh, seasonal fruit and typical regional desserts.
- Baia delle Palme Snack Bar (located by the Baia delle Palme pool): An assortment of Panini’s, club sandwiches, cold dishes, fresh, seasonal fruit and ice cream.
- Acquaforte Spa Bar (located in the spa): Herbal teas, fresh fruit juices and smoothies and an international choice of mineral waters. Spa location.
- Acquaforte Spa Restaurant (located in the spa): Small and exclusive with a specilised menu offering the best healthy cuisine.
- Pasta House (located on the seafront): Seafront restaurant with homemade pasta and a variety of sauces made to order. Open July - early September.
- Oasis Lunch Restaurant & Bar (located by the Oasis pool): Serving sushi, hamburgers, club sandwiches and salads.
There are a selection of different themed bars around the resort including:
- Aqvatica: Seafront bar with comfortable seating for drinks, juices and snacks
- Bandiere: Elegant and traditonal bar in Hotel Castello with live music
- Champagnerie: Views of the show in the Piazza, an evening lounge bar and a choice of the finest champagnes
- Gelateria: Ice cream parlour near the beach
- Tisaneria: Spa bar offering a selection of healthy teas and tisanes
- Discotheque: Late night bar in Leisureland
- Oasis Pool: Located in the Oasis pool serving drinks to swimmers and sunbathers
- Wine Bar: Serving top Italian and Sardinian wines by the Piazza
- Piazza Luisa: Evening entertainment every evening to chill out and wind down at the end of the day
- Pasticceria: Pastries, desserts and tempting savoury morsels
Management reserves the right to open, close and modify restaurants and bars during the season without prior notice. Lunch is not included in half board.
The spa is one of the most up-to-date Thalassotherapy centres in Europe with 6 warm seawater pools at different temperatures and salt concentrations.
There are also saunas, Turkish bath, Techno-gym with personal trainers, massages, holistic and physiotherapy treatments, health and beauty and bar.
Local cost €95 for 1 admission, offers available locally for multiple admissions.
Alternatively, a 300m2 private spa is available for exclusive use (supplement, on reservation) with a private entrance, 3 Thalasso pools, sauna, hammam, emotional showers, solarium, lounge area and changing rooms. It is possible to have food and drinks served in the private area (extra cost).
Spa Terms & Conditions >
A theatre under the stars! Seating 5,000 people and hosting some of the top names in musical entertainment. Most of the 2020 calendar is yet to be released with the exception of James Blunt performing in July and Notre Dame de Paris in August, however, an example some of the previous performances at the Forte Arena are:
- Life is Musical
- Eros Ramazzotti
- Sleeping Beauty, performance by the Russian Classical Ballet
Please contact Just Sardinia 01202 484858 for ticket prices.
Great for Families
Forte Village Resort is a real paradise for holidays with children. It is the perfect place for the whole family to enjoy a holiday with maximum relaxation for parents and maximum fun for children of all ages.
The ‘Children's Wonderland’ Mini Club (open daily 9am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-6pm) is a fabulous protected oasis near the beach with play parks, shady areas, shallow pools and a sandy lagoon especially designed for children with English speaking staff organising daily activities, games, workshops, shows and competitions. There is a Mario's Village, Barbie™ house and a beautiful Fisher-Price® nursery all contained within Children's Wonderland. A variety of activities are available including clay modelling, pizza making, dance and musical instruments. All the staff have been trained and certified by Worldwide Kids.
There is a dedicated children's restaurant where everything is designed for children from the serving times to the menus and from the seats to the tables (lunch is available, extra cost).
Children will love Leisureland where they can go bowling and go-karting and the Baia delle Palme pool has an aquapark featuring water games and slides for children and teenagers.
The ‘Children's Wonderland’ Mini Club for 2-12 year olds is complimentary and there is also a Teen Club for 13-17 year olds (July and August only). The nursery for 0-2 year olds (extra cost), babysitting services are on request (about €15 - €20 per hour for up to 3 children) and pushchair hire (€15 per day) is available.
- 'Children's Wonderland' Mini Club (for 2-12 year olds) and Teen Club (for 13-17, July and August only) open 9am-12:30pm and 2:30pm-6pm with English speaking staff
- 10 swimming pools including 1 with an aquapark
- Sunbeds and parasols on the beach and by the pool
- Football pitch
- Table tennis, basketball, volleyball and aerobics (afternoons)
- Jogging circuit
- Evening shows in the Piazza
- Please note that beach towels are provided for all guests
Activities Local Cost: (subject to change)
- Nursery (from €20 per hour, paid locally), babysitting (from €15 per hour paid locally), pushchair hire (€15 per day) and children's lunch (€18 per day, parent must accompany)
- Thalassotherapy Spa, with 6 al fresco pools, gym, sauna, Turkish bath, hydromassage and beauty centre
- Hairdresser in the Piazza
- Soccer school with Chelsea Football Club coaches for children 6+ years, 25/05-11/09
- Rugby Academy for children 5+ years, 25/05-29/05, 06/07-17/07 and 24/08-04/09
- Tennis Academy with coaching from internationally ranked tennis stars, 17/06-06/09
- Also Basketball, Boxing, Netball, Swimming, Fencing, Hockey, Freestyle Football, Table Tennis, Chess, Magic, DJ, Climbing, Go-Karting, Synchronised Swimming, Saling and Dance academies (date restrictions apply)
- Watersports - sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, jetskiing, banana boating, canoeing, kayaking, Hobie cat, SUP, pedaloes and dinghy hire
- Scuba diving, PADI courses and snorkelling
- Swimming lessons
- 12 floodlit tennis courts (10 natural clay, 1 synthetic clay and 1 grass)
- Bicycle rental
- Horse riding excursions and lessons nearby
- Golf nearby at Is Molas 9/18/27 hole course (7km)
- Leisureland: go-karting and 10-pin bowling
- Piazza bars and boutiques
- Miscellaneous services: room service, WiFi, laundry service, medical service, travel agency, car rental and excursions