North East to North West Sardinia Cycle Tour
‘North Sardinia Ride’
Discover the beauty of the fabled Costa Smeralda and the island of La Maddalena contrasting with the granite mountains and cork forest of Tempio, the rolling hills and wide pastures of Anglona and ending with the royal cities of Castelsardo, Sassari and Alghero.
- Prices From £766pp (excluding flights)
- Total distance: 300km (188 miles)
- Airport : Olbia
- Duration 7 nights
- Costa Smeralda
- La Maddalena Park
- Granite mountains and cork forest of Tempio Pausania
- The Valle of the Moon and the rolling hills and wide pastures of Anglona
- Castesardo, Sassari and Alghero
- Cycling days: 6
- 2 easy stages (mostly flat)
- 2 medium stages (undulating)
- 2 challenging stage (hilly)
Included in the price
- Return transfers from Olbia Airport
- Bike Rental
- All Accommodation in 3 star hotels with breakfast (Half Board is available)
- Safety briefing
- Transportation of luggage between hotels
- Supply of route notes and maps
- Telephone assistance
Not Included in the price
- Return flights
- Cycle helmets
- Admission to museums etc.
- Ferries to La Maddalena
- Day 1: Arrival day
Arrival day, Transfer from Olbia airport to first hotel meet up with the Cycle rep for a briefing on the route, handover of bicycles and information pack.
- Day 2: Costa Smeralda loop tour (40 km 25 miles)
Riding through Cannigione to Arzachena, and up into the hills of San Pantaleo and down to the Jet set Porto Cervo along to Baia Sardinia and back to Cannigione.
- Day 3: La Maddalena archipelagos (55 km 34 miles)
From Cannigione along the coast to Palau, where you take the ferry to the vibrant town of La Maddalena across the bridge to Caprera the home of the Garibaldi museum and back through Palau to Cannigione.
- Day 4: Cannigione - Tempio Pausania (55 km 34 miles)
From Cannigione heading inland to Arzachena and up into the hills and lakes of Sant'Antonio di Gallura, and on to Calangianus and Nuchis and finally up to Tempio Pausania.
- Day 5: Tempio Pausania - Castelsardo (55 km 34 miles)
From Tempio Pausania, to Aggius, through the Valley of the moon to Viddalba and on to the dramtic town of Castelsardo.
- Day 6: Castelsardo - Sassari (55 km 34 miles)
Ride from Castelsardo to Lu Bagnu along the coastal roads to Tergu, Nulvi and Osilo and onto the city of Sassari.
- Day 7: Sassari- Alghero (40 km 25 miles)
From Sassari ride to Caniga, Molafà and Uri and finish your trip in the fortified town of Alghero.
- Day 8: Departure day
After breakfast, transfer to Olbia airport.
We believe that the accommodation is a very important factor of a bike tour, therefore we take the greatest care in carefully selecting small family-run 3* hotels and country lodges with excellent regional cuisine.
The following properties have been selected for this tour (please note that they are subject to availability and we reserve the right to change hotels should the need arise).
- CANNIGIONE (Nights 1-2-3) Hotel Del Porto
Hotel del Porto is situated on the front overlooking the port and marina in the town centre of the popular holiday resort of Cannigione,
Other Hotels which may be used in Cannigione
- TEMPIO PAUSANIA (Night 4) Hotel Pausania Inn
Host : Sig.ra Elisabeth Vargiu
Located in the outskirts of Tempio Pausania, a small city in Northern Sardinia, the Pausania Inn offers comfortable common spaces - such as the Lounge and the Loft -, a large Restaurant specialised in local and national cuisine, and more than 50 Rooms with modern comfort. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool suitable for adults and children alike, and a tennis court. From the terrace guests can enjoy the beautiful panorama over the surrounding jagged granite mountains.
- CASTELSARDO (Night 5) Hotel Pedraladda
The Pedraladda hotel is situated in one of the most striking spots on the entire coast. With great views towards Asinara Gulf and views of the medieval village. Situated in the middle of the Vignaccia bay, it is only 50 metres from the rocky and sandy public beach, which is easily accessible, and only 600 metres from the lively town centre.
Other Hotels that may be used in Castelsardo
- SASSARI (Night 6) Hotel Vittorio Emanuele
The Hotel is located in an ancient building which has been entirely restored, in the heart of Sassari. Some of the original architectural features from early 1900,are still preserved. Idealy situated to vist the centre of the old town.
- ALGHERO (Night 7) Hotel El Balear
The hotel 400 metres from the centre of Alghero, is ideal for reaching the city's historically rich streets and alleys on foot, as well as the lively boutiques and shops in the heart of the old town.
Other Hotels which may get used in Alghero
Other Holiday IdeasDownload North Sardinia Ride Cycle Tour as PDF >
+44 (0) 1202 484858