Sardinia is a short haul holiday destination that can be reached by a 2 hour flight, or ferry and car or train. It is not a mass market destination and it is a relatively unspoilt island with little or no ‘high rise’ building and very strict building regulations to prevent spoiling this beautiful island.
Just Sardinia are committed to promoting Sustainable Tourism through good practice and awareness. Through hard work and perseverance, Just Sardinia are very proud to have been awarded the AITO 4 Star ST Award, because of our commitment to the environment and with special commendation for initiating the ‘Just Sardinia Green Award’ to help encourage our suppliers to get involved.
For Our Part
We work with local suppliers operating not only in the more popular coastal resorts but also less frequented rural locations (rural sardinia).
In the UK:
We abide by office etiquette including recycling, reducing paper usage, conserving energy, lift sharing and cycling. Managing Director, Huw Nurse and IT Manager, Keith Toffoletti, ‘Cycled to Sardinia’ in 2007 and back again in 2008 as an attempt to reduce their carbon footprint as well as raising money for a local charity. In 2012 the again cycled to Sardinia for charity, but this time with Huw's 16 year son William and his cousins! For more information visit www.cycletosardinia.com >
The Just Sardinia Green Award
Just Sardinia have devised a green tree rating awarded to our accommodation suppliers in order to promote and encourage responsible tourism.
Green Customer Charter
We ask all our customers to follow our green charter, a few simple things that can make all the difference to the environment and ensure that we are all responsible tourists.
- Please dispose of all rubbish in the local recycle bins, and do not litter the Island.
- Please use energy in a reasonable way ie turn off air conditioning, lights and other appliances when you are not in the room.
- Please check the hotel’s towel policy regarding the daily change of towels.
- Where and when possible, try and buy local produce, from food and wine to arts and crafts.
- When shopping please try to reuse plastic bags.
- If possible during your holiday, try and walk to the local town if this can be done safely.
- Much of the sea surrounding Sardinia is a protected marine national park and area of natural beauty. Please respect this by not throwing rubbish in the sea and by disposing of cigarette butts appropriately.
- Please look after the local flowers and fauna.
- Please respect protected local wildlife, eg tortoises, wild boar, etc which you may come across from time to time.
|More offers >|
+44 (0) 1202 484858
Call me back: